Espresso machine upgrade #1 - get rid of that old nasty rubber group gasket!
Cafelat espresso group gaskets are made from food grade FDA silicone. Unlike regular gaskets that are made from rubber these do not have any smell or taste whatsoever, and are much easier to change since they will not bake rock hard like rubber does. If you have ever struggled to change an old gasket you cannot help but notice the awful smell and the black soot that comes off the rubber. And that is what you are potentially consuming with each drink. Cafelat spent months testing and adjusting the material so that these have the same compression strength as rubber, but are also softer so that it is easier to create a good seal.
There are several sizes available:
- E61 8.0mm Red - fits several E61 espresso group heads that need a little thinner gasket 73mm (OD) x 57mm (ID) x 8mm thick
- E61 8.5mm Blue - fits most modern E61 espresso group heads 73mm (OD) x 57mm (ID) x 8.5mm thick
- Fits Rancilio Green - fits some Rancilio models 74mm (OD) x 58 mm (ID) x 8.4mm thick
- Fits LM Blue - fits some La Marzocco models 78mm (OD) x 58mm (ID) x 8.4mm thick
- Fits Nuova Simonelli Red 8.3mm (71mm x 56.5mm x 8.3mm)
- Fits Nuova Simonelli Blue 9mm (71mm x 56.5mm x 9mm)